Purpose: The National Association of Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning acknowledges the importance of ethical obligations and practices in the delivery of the professional thereof. To honor NAPBI’s promise of trusted, quality services, and its responsibility to the communities its members serve, NAPBI adopts this Code of Ethics.
This Code of Ethics informs the public of NAPBI’s ethical structure and protects the honesty and professionalism of every member, and that of the Beauty industry.
Code of Ethics
1. Strive to avoid conduct that alters or harms public trust in professional Beauty workers or the Beauty industry.
2. Shall conduct themselves and their work in accordance with this Code of Ethics to serve public’s best interests.
3. Promise to take no biased action of any kind during any work or analysis to promote a third-party’s or member’s personal interest, or any action that compromises the appearance of complete, evidence-based objectivity.
4. Shall take responsibility for their individual Beauty employees.
5. Shall sign every contract as the responsible Beauty party.
6. Will not perform tasks outside their expertise and professional experience.
7. Shall remain objective in exercising judgments and taking Beauty-related actions.
8. Shall strive to avoid damaging the client/Beauty relationship during a Beauty repair or related business activity.
9. Will strive to advance professionalism in, and honorably represent, the Beauty industry in their daily personal and Beauty-related activities.
Requirements — NAPBI members must follow this Code of Ethics and all federal and state laws affecting/governing their practice activities.
Exceptions to the Code — If a federal, state, or regional law or regulation conflicts with the Code of Ethics, all NAPBI members shall follow the law or regulation and must notify NAPBI’s editorial and legal review committees of the discrepancy.